Sunday, June 9, 2024

I tried Hookmark last night and the first time I linked a Markdown file in BBEdit with a URL saved from Arc, it didn’t associate the hooked URL with the file. It threw me off at first and then I realized that Little Arc was the cause. The URL isn’t really open” until you do Cmd-O, so it’s invisible to Hookmark until then. It would also help if I’d read the instructions.

Sent Torch Marauder some record/stylus-cleaning tips.

Huh. That video I included in the Blot version of yesterday’s daily note renders a big blank space after the video when I look at the post in NetNewsWire. Well, I’m not going to bother with working around it for now. I’m just using Blot’s ability to embed a video with a single YouTube URL, and that’s so easy and it looks fine in all my browsers and the phone.

The Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter arrived and I hooked it up to the RoPieee Raspberry Pi. It works, but Apple limits it to 1 Vrms (as opposed to the normal line-level 2 Vrms) when you’re on a device that can’t control volume. I can get around that by setting RoPieee to use software-controlled volume over AirPlay, but then I’m back to guessing which volume setting on the phone or laptop is the best to use when AirPlaying to the stereo. I don’t want to do that, and I don’t want the audio to go through extra volume math steps, so I’m back to using the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 because it’s a normal line-level device. Other than that silliness, the Apple dongle was indistinguishable from the DacMagic 100. Any preferences I had between the two were probably down to volume mismatches when I was testing them.

Because I need to start learning this stuff for work, I downloaded the Oh My Git! game and got through all the exercises in these sections:

  • intro
  • files
  • branches

TiddlyWiki version of this post, with links



Date
June 10, 2024